Do you want to make extra money by running a homestay? If you are looking to make a profit from your house, or rent it out, this guide will show you how to start a homestay business.
1. You need to get the permissions you need – If you want to convert your home to a homestay, you must first get the necessary permissions from the appropriate authority. If you rent the property, ensure that your landlord is fully informed about the subleasing agreement and gets their approval.
2. Furnishing the house – Once you have received permission, it is time to think about what you want your homestay to look and feel like. The best way to decorate a homestead or to buy the necessary items is to rely on an online portal like Amazon.
3. You should prepare basic amenities – In order to make your guest feel more at home, it is a good idea to provide basic amenities. You should provide basic amenities such as toiletries, towels, and cutlery. You might consider providing a gas stove and other cooking equipment if light cooking is permitted.
4. Good photos are essential for homestay businesses – You should consider going online if you plan to run your business. It’s crucial that you take beautiful photos of your homestay. Here are few tips for taking great photos. Take them during daylight when you have enough natural light. You can buy a camera to take good pictures of your homestay from here.
5. Accept online bookings – Now that you’ve completed the first three steps, you are ready to host your first guest. But how do you make your homestay known? You can take it online and make full use of the traffic from online travel agencies. The best online portals for homestay booking are Airbnb, Vistarooms, Booking.com.
6. Engaging promotions – Increase bookings by creating compelling promotions that keep your guests coming back! Because these are peak travel seasons, one of the most popular ways to create promotions is to do so in conjunction with school holidays and festive seasons. Some owners are more inclined than others to promote during off-peak seasons to increase bookings.
No matter what promotion you have, you can create a promotion with a promo code by listing your homestay. Register now with Homestayindia.in to start your very first promotion.
7. You can create a Facebook Page – Once you’ve set up your homestay, you should also create a Facebook Page. This will allow you to build your customer base and make yourself easily found online. You can also accept bookings directly from your Facebook page by clicking the single “Book Now” button.
8. You might want to prepare a house guide – A house manual can help you improve your homestay experience and create a more enjoyable stay for your guests. You don’t need to make it fancy, but it is up to you to express your creativity. It should provide basic information about how to use the appliances in the home. The manual could contain the WiFi password, instructions for operating electrical appliances (washing machines, stoves, microwaves), basic house rules, and even a travel guide.
9. Returnable security deposit to be collected – The reasonable amount of money that is collected from guests upon check-in. It can be returned upon check-out. The owner can deduct the damage fee or not return any deposit if there is damage to the property during the guest’s stay. This is to make sure that your property is well-protected.
10. Respect your guests’ privacy – Even though you may own the house, it is best to respect the privacy and wishes of all your guests. You should not allow anyone to enter your home without informing them beforehand. If you don’t feel the need, notify your guests and let them know that you are coming. Sometimes it’s simple good manners that count.
Read More : What is Homestay?